In this article I’m going to show you 11 ways to help you get a different follower to keep them and sustain them:
Tip 1: Define Your Target Audience
- How old are they?
- Where do they live?
- What are they interested in?
- When and how do they use Instagram & Twitter?
- What are their Pains points and challenges?
Tip 2: Have a Strategy
- Think about why you want to get more Instagram & Twitter Followers, for example, Increase Band Awareness, Boost Product Sales
- Also how often do you want to post consistently
Tip 3: Create Consistent Brand Story
- Make sure to maintain a consistent brand personality, visual look, and story
- Your post should be easily recognizable and relatable at a glance
For example, personal brand: 18-year-old bodybuilder whose dream is to become a pro one day
Tip 4: Write Longer Captions
- Instagram is mostly a visual platform but your captions play a HUGE role in increasing engagement.
- Some key strategies in captions:
- (a) Share a story
- (b) Ask a question
- (c) Try emoji
- (d) Try different captions lengths
- (e) Make sure your followers can relate to your caption
Tip 5: Upload More Videos
Although, Instagram confirmed that photos and videos are equal in terms of engagement. When you upload video, there’s one more metric called audience retention so longer people watch your videos, better than post performs. Also, the video takes 4x larger real estate when shown on the explore page.
Learn Also: 5 Ways to Grow Your Instagram Follower
Tip 6: Use Hashtags Strategically
- Instead of randomly copying and pasting trending hashtags. Include hashtags in your caption within sentences.
- Use of Hashtags Organically is the best
- Don’t abuse hashtag
- Focus on quality rather than quantity
Tip 7: Post More IG Stories
- Half a billion IG accounts use stories every day
- Posting more IG stories will help you increase engagement
- According to Instagram, nearly one in five stories results in a direct message
- If your followers send you a message that automatically tells IG algorithm that they’re interested in your content and your posts get pushed into their news feed more often
Tip 8: TAG Your Location
- This is especially useful for a business that has a physical location.
- When people search that specific area, your posts will show up so it’s extra engagement for free.
Tip 9: Follow Other Relevant Users
- Follower other people who are in the same industry/niche as you, this is also good because when people come to your page they see other people in your niche usually people check who you are following, people that are relevant to you.
Tip 10: Engage with Existing Communities
- Be active in other people’s comments, if you look at people who is famous
- Answer people’s question under other people’s post who are related to your niche, if somebody ask a question in your niche try to answer those questions and give your professional advice and try to be authentic.
Tip 11: Ask Your Followers to Tag Their Friends
- This is my favorite way to get more followers
- Simple ask followers to share your post with other users
- Works really well if you do a giveaway
- You see this a lot under big celebrity’s post
This is important it gives you actually engagement, it also gives you twice the engagement by sharing it with their friends.